Knowledge Management Survey report – now free access
We have decided to open the results of our KM Survey to the public.
In April 2014, and again in April 2017, Knoco Ltd conducted a global survey of Knowledge management activity and trends. Participation was free and confidential, and all participants received a free Knowledge Management Survey report. Over 700 people have taken part in the surveys; mostly individuals leading Knowledge Management activities or members of Knowledge Management teams. A combined Knowledge Management Survey report is now available to interested parties.
The main outputs from the report are listed below, and the survey report contains 45 charts and 29 tables of data. You can order a copy here – all we ask for in return is to know who you are, and what use you plan to make of the survey.
We have put a vast amount of work into the report, we are really proud of it, and we are very interested in what people make of it and how they use it. So please fill in the order form online, and we will mail you a copy within a day or two.
Survey contents include items such as:
- The maturity of KM across the world, across business sectors, and by company size.
- The length of time it takes to reach KM maturity.
- The main reasons why people give up on KM.
- Typical KM budgets and how they vary with company size.
- Typical KM team sizes and how they vary with company size.
- The skills within KM teams, and where they report.
- The focus areas, business drivers and strategies for KM across business sectors.
- The benefits delivered through KM, in dollar terms, and intangibles.
- Business metrics impacted by KM.
- How KM is embedded, and the impact on value.
- KM technologies, their function, use and value.
- Enterprise content management.
- KM processes, their function, use and value.
- The main KM governance elements in use, and how these vary with KM maturity.
- The most common barriers and enablers for KM.
- The effectiveness of various KM metrics and incentives.
- The main cultural isues and where they prevail.
- The popularity and effectiveness of Best Practice approaches, how they work, what value they add.
- The popularity and effectiveness of Lesson learned approaches, how they work, what value they add.
- The popularity and effectiveness of CoP approaches, how they work, what value they add.